Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Spreading Some Kindness

"Beginning today, treat everyone you meet as if they were going to be dead by midnight. Extend to them all the care, kindness, and understanding you can muster, and do it with no thought of any reward. Your life will never be the same again".


Og Mandino




My daughter and I were in line at the grocery store this past week. She asked me for an extra quarter and as I dug through my purse, I realized I didn't have one. As she began to question me, an older lady standing behind us, handed my daughter the quarter she wanted. She pressed the coin in my daughter's hand and told her to go enjoy it. I started to protest, really because I wasn't sure she could spare it. Honestly.



Such a small token of kindness made an impact on the both of us. Although there have been times when I have helped others....do I do it often enough? Do I take advantage of moments presented to me to be kind, and not just in monetary ways?



So, for this Valentines Day instead of buying gifts and focusing on the monetary, let us all focus on the kindness. Not people pleasing behavior, but genuine thoughtful words and acts. A random act of kindness every single day.

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle".
Plato

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar